Thursday, August 26, 2010

Delight

As we were working through our material today and my girls were taking turns talking with me, I honestly wasn't really paying attention to what they were saying. I was just admiring them, each one so beautiful, so interesting, so unique. How did my little babies turn into these little women with thoughts and personalities and perspectives? I delight in them so much. And then it struck me; this is how God thinks of me! He allows me to go on and on about my thoughts and He delights in having me spend time with Him. The Bible says I am the apple of His eye! He loves me, He watches over me, and He delights in me, His daughter, whom He knew while I was being knit in my mother's womb. What a marvelous thing to be known and loved so deeply, and to partake in that kind of love with my own kids. I thank God for a glimpse of His heart for me today.

No comments: